Originally conceived to “Get your mind off your troubles and experience the pure pleasure of pedaling. To just focus on riding.” Delivering the cyclists extreme comfort, the Mantra has been recently re-released after an in-depth study to improve technologies and design. The aim was to provide a saddle with successful technological solutions applied on the other high-end models.
The Supercomfort version is perfect for several types of users:
1. Riders who don’t spend a lot of time on a bike. If on average the ride doesn’t last more than 2 hours, it is better to use more padding; in this case the sustaining subcutaneous tissues don’t have to adapt to prolonged pressure.
2. Riders who spend a lot of time on a bike. If you spend more than 5-6 hours on the saddle, you need thicker padding, considering the time that the subcutaneous areas are subject to pressure.
3. For riders who prefer rough terrain and use Gravel Bikes, the Supercomfort saddle better absorbs the vibrations caused by bumpy surfaces.
The Mantra Supercomfort was developed considering the specific components that determine the level of comfort:
– Padding: The Racing version features a layer of Biofoam combined with an additional layer of Gel. These are merged with variable thickness depending on the support area, in order to optimize the part that comes into contact with the pelvic bones.
– The long central cutout (Open -Fit) guarantees all-day comfort and support on the whole length of the saddle. This feature improves the blood ﬂow preventing numbness and provides relief from pressure on the perineum. Recommended for individuals with averagely high pelvic rotation.
– The covering features micro perforations to facilitate air flow and keep contact surfaces dry.
This saddle features the side profile of the seating surface with a central depression of less than 5 mm that is similar to a straight line. For this reason, it is listed as Flat saddle. Recommended for individuals with accentuated lumbar arch (anteverted pelvis).