4 April 2019
SHORTFIT SUPERCOMFORT LADY: THE PERFECT OPTION FOR OUR WOMEN’S MARKET
Selle San Marco has decided to adapt our Shortfit Supercomfort model to meet the aesthetic demands of the women’s market. The new Shortfit Supercomfort Lady was designed for women who like to ride while also expressing their own style and personality. The saddle has been enriched with colourful graphics and details that celebrate femininity.
The Shortfit Supercomfort Lady can be matched to a bike’s handlebar tape, which is available in coordinated colours from Selle San Marco.
The unique ergonomic shape of this new saddle stands out for its shorter length, which in fact guarantees a proper position on the generous back part and optimal distribution of pressure on the front. The Supercomfort version is perfect for several types of users:
1. Riders who don’t spend a lot of time on a bike. If on average the ride doesn’t last more than 2 hours, it is better to use more padding; in this case the sustaining subcutaneous tissues don’t have to adapt to prolonged pressure.
2. Riders who spend a lot of time on a bike. If you spend more than 5-6 hours on the saddle, you need thicker padding, considering the time that the subcutaneous areas are subject to pressure.
3. For riders who prefer rough terrain and use Gravel Bikes, the Supercomfort saddle better absorbs the vibrations caused by bumpy surfaces.
The Shortfit Supercomfort was developed considering the specific components that determine the level of comfort:
1. Padding: The Racing version features a layer of Biofoam combined with an additional layer of Gel. These are merged with variable thickness depending on the support area, in order to optimize the part that comes into contact with the pelvic bones.
2. The covering features micro perforations to facilitate air flow and keep contact surfaces dry.
The side profile of the saddle seat surface features a distinctive curved shape with a central opening of more than 5 mm, so it is classified as Waved.