13 March 2019
THE SHORTFIT MODEL IS NOW ALSO SUPERCOMFORT…
The Selle San Marco product line is expanding; now the SHORTFIT model will be available in the SUPERCOMFORT version as well. With this new product, Selle San Marco is continuing their commitment to provide their clients with COMFORMANCE, a dimension that can provide the cyclist with a range of products that are at once highly performing with but also comfortable, without sacrificing our usual attention to design.
The Shortfit Supercomfort saddle was developed to satisfy the needs of the most demanding cyclists who, due to certain training or pedaling styles, rotate their upper body a lot in order to get closer to the handlebars.
The unique ergonomic shape of this new saddle stands out for its shorter length, which in fact guarantees a proper position on the generous back part and optimal distribution of pressure on the front. The Supercomfort version is perfect for several types of users:
1. Riders who don’t spend a lot of time on a bike. If on average the ride doesn’t last more than 2 hours, it is better to use more padding; in this case the sustaining subcutaneous tissues don’t have to adapt to prolonged pressure.
2. Riders who spend a lot of time on a bike. If you spend more than 5-6 hours on the saddle, you need thicker padding, considering the time that the subcutaneous areas are subject to pressure.
3. For riders who prefer rough terrain and use Gravel Bikes, the Supercomfort saddle better absorbs the vibrations caused by bumpy surfaces.
The Shortfit Supercomfort was developed considering the specific components that determine the level of comfort:
1. Padding: The Racing version features a layer of Biofoam combined with an additional layer of Gel. These are merged with variable thickness depending on the support area, in order to optimize the part that comes into contact with the pelvic bones.
2. The covering features micro perforations to facilitate air flow and keep contact surfaces dry.
The side profile of the saddle seat surface features a distinctive curved shape with a central opening of more than 5 mm, so it is classified as Waved.
The SUPERCOMFORT family from Selle San Marco consists of the Aspide Supercomfort, Mantra Supercomfort and now the Shortfit Supercomfort model, Racing and Dynamic.
Spring is right around the corner. The new Shortfit Supercomfort saddle is already available at all Selle San Marco retailers… to start the season off on the right foot.